Backbone.js, Tornado, Django, Django-Tastypie, Cocos2d, Agility.js, Jekyll, Hyde, Rails
AWS, Git, Bootstrap, Nginx, *nix, Pusher
Duke University, Durham, NC
- B.S.E - Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Science
- Dean’s List - Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2008
- Eta Kappa Nu - Spring 2009
Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
May 2012 - Present
- Making movie night sweeter.
Bullet Media, Inc./iRecess, Inc.
July 2011- April 2012
Product Engineer, Web Developer
- Designed and prototyped web-app front-end using Agility.js.
- Built Tornado proxies to CouchDB.
- Configured Nginx for reverse-proxying and url rewriting.
- Implemented background tasks using Celery.
- Wrote a distributed webscraper in Python that was scaled using PiCloud.
- Wrote a Python module to interface with TaxCloud.
- Integrated Stripe payment processing.
Product Engineer, iOS Developer
- Designed and built 3 mini-games for the iPad: Snowboarding Bear, 4-in-a-Row, and Memory Cards.
- Implemented safe chat using websockets via Pusher.
- Designed a framework that parsed plists and generated a wizard for virtual world interactions.
- Wrote a TestFlight uploader script to quickly upload new release builds.
Deloitte Consulting, LLP
Winter 2011-July 2011
- Designed and built a voice-to-case web application deployed in Heroku and integrating Salesforce.com with Twilio.
- Managed USI team members to develop and implement practice initiatives.
- Worked alongside clients to integrate Salesforce into their existing technology environments.
Spring 2009-Fall 2010
Co-founder, Product Engineer, Software Engineer, Sales Executive, Marketing Manager, Customer Support Representative
- Architected a Ruby on Rails, distributed web crawler for scraping and reconciling restaurant information and menus
- Utilized deep zoom imaging technology to create an embeddable menu viewing widget
- Designed and implemented commission sharing system for affiliate revenue share program
- Designed and marketed a Facebook game that lead to a 100% increase in sales
- Used sequence alignment algorithms to insert restaurant widgets into directory pages
- Sold restaurant online ordering technology to restaurants and restaurant delivery services
- Pioneered a partnership with Pittsburgh Magazine to integrate our white label online ordering services
- Handled customer support for restaurants and consumers
Programmable Time-lapse, Panoramic Compact Camera
Embedded System Designer
- Programmed PIC microcontroller firmware using C18
- Designed a PCB to interface camera switches, servo motor, and LEDs to a microcontroller
Software Design Engineer in Test
- Communicated with various engineers, gathered design information, and developed a new test tool
- Wrote test design specifications and created automation for verifying new features
Information Sharing Using a Mobile Phone Platform
Independent Study Researcher
- Created a mobile phone and web application to allow location based communication in real time
- Co-authored paper describing a K-anonymity system that preserves location privacy
Hardware Engineering Intern
- Presented on Media Access Security specification 802.1AE to engineering group
- Created Media Access Security test API for hardware verification of data center switches
Duke Immersive Virtual Environment (DIVE), Durham, NC
Fall 2005-Spring 2007
- Created 3D Breakout, an interactive game where users use a virtual paddle to knock down pillars